Israeli Fashion Lectures
Throughout history, fashion has greatly influenced the “fabric” of societies all over the world. What people wear often characterizes who they are what they do for a living and even more so, what kind of a society they live in.
As Mark Twain once wrote: “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.”
The lectures focus on the effects of Israeli cultural, social, and economic factors on the evolution of Israeli Fashion. They are interactive and full of images, short videos, and periodic signature Israeli items.
· The History of Israeli Fashion- From the Kibbutz to the Big City, Tel- Aviv
· Politics, Religion and Fashion in Israel
· Fashion and Technology in Israel- The Start- Up Nation
· The Women who Shaped Israeli Fashion
· Contemporary Israeli Fashion
Join Liraz Cohen- Mordechai (Liri) in an interactive presentation full of glam, videos and periodic Israeli signature items to unveil the amazing world of Israeli Fashion.
The He(ART) of Tel- Aviv Virtual Tour-
Have you ever walked down a street and wished you knew the stories and secrets behind each store and corner? A surprising glimpse into the hidden gems of Tel-Aviv and an exploration of the past, present and future of Israeli art & culture.
This virtual tour is the perfect mix between Israeli Art, Design and Fashion. We will visit an Israeli artist, an iconic Israeli fashion brand and an organization that uses ancient craft for a better future.
Impact Tour through Art and Fashion Virtual Tour-
Can art, fashion and design make a change in the world? How can we use creativity as tool to empower subgroups in Israel and can these groups change and inspire "Israeli mainstream"?
In this engaging program we will virtually meet Israeli artists and designers who are dedicated to help minorities in Israel and to strengthen Israeli society as a whole with their art and heart.
This is a unique opportunity to dive deeper into Israeli culture and to learn about the different identities within the country.
Lectures (can be both in-person or online):
1. The History of Israeli Fashion- From the Kibbutz to the City
The presentation tells the story of Israel from the late 19th century until today. Every milestone in Israel's story is presented in two "layers": history and fashion. During the session we discover how significant events have influenced the creation of a new "Israeli outfit" time and time again.
- The way immigration influenced Israeli fashion in Israel's first days
- Wars' effects on the Israeli outfit
- Feminism and equality in the Kibbutz and its impact on clothes
- Tel- Aviv Fashion Week- We are on the map!
- Israeli fashion and Technology- Recent fash& tech startups
- What's next for the Israeli fashion scene?
2. Politics, Religion and Fashion in Israel
In this presentation, we will learn about the fragile relationship between politics, religion, and fashion in Israel society.
When it comes to fashion we often tend to think about the “unwritten laws” that guide us in what we think we should wear, but in fact, there are also written laws that do the exact same thing. This presentation will focus on the written laws in Israel and through them, we will reveal new and exciting angles to understand Israeli culture and people.
- Fashion restrictions vs. Religious restrictions
- Fashion as a tool to divide and unify streams in Judaism
- “Fashion police” and laws regarding dress code in Israel
- Minorities in Israel and their influence on the definition of Israeli fashion, including: Bedouin, Arab Israelis, Ethiopian, etc.
3. Fashion and Technology in Israel
In this presentation, we will learn how technology has improved Israeli fashion and what's next for the startups' Fash&Tech scene
- What makes Israel an innovator in Fashion
- The use of technology in the past
- Technology and Israeli designers
- The Fash&Tech scene in Israel- introduction to some of the most exciting startup companies
4. The Women who shaped Israeli Fashion
This presentation focuses mainly about the inspirational women who shaped Israeli Fashion and contributed to its evolution.
Including: Miryam Zinger, Ruth Dayan, Rozi Ben Yosef and many more
5. Contemporary Israeli Fashion
This presentation is an introduction to the current fashion industry in Israel.
- The Israeli Fashion industry- overview
- The leading designers
- Interesting business models
- The companies you must know
- Israeli Fash&Tech startups
6. Holy Fashion- Israeli Fashion and the connection to Jerusalem
In this program we will explore the connection between Israeli fashion and Jerusalem, we will learn about the role the city plays in the creative process of Israeli designers and the various ways they ‘use’ Jerusalem’s symbols to convey different messages through the years.
We will also talk about the connection between spirituality and fashion.
7. The Jewish Wardrobe -From Separation to Unity
This presentation will focus on the clothes worn by Jews around the world in the days before the establishment of Israel.
Clothes at that time were both determined by Jewish precepts such as laws regarding modesty and by ruling authorities in their local community.
We will compare clothes from different regions and in specific we will focus on the customs that are part of the circle of life: birth, Bar/ Bat Mitzva, wedding day and death
8. Israeli fashion- Feminism & Inclusivity
In this program we will explore both the global trends and the local Israeli trends that are connected to Feminism, Women Empowerment and Inclusivity including representation in media. Specially we will focus on activism in Israeli Fashion.
This is a great opportunity to explore Israeli fashion like never before through meaningful values of inclusivity and self-love.
The presentations fits all crowds- Jewish and non- Jewish, at all ages and genders.